Friday, July 29, 2011

12 x 12 x 12 July 2011

Better late in the month than never. I finished my July 12 x 12 x 12. The inspiration behind it is the summer part of my Seasonal Fences series, which I'm working on now.

I created five winter Seasonal Fences pieces last winter, and five spring pieces in the spring. Now it's summer and I'm working on five summer pieces. In the fall I'll do five fall pieces. It's really self-explanatory.

Because it's summer, and there are flowers blooming everywhere, I made some "skins" out of flower photos that I printed out on my laser printer. I explained it on July 7th in my post entitled Summer Plants, and I showed the printouts too.

Details of the "skins" of flowers on this 12 x 12 x 12 are below.



The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series are mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. See the work I've made in this series (so far in the past five years) on my website.