Friday, August 21, 2009

12 x 12 x 12 August 2009

I finished my August 12 x 12 x 12.

I decided to use the wrong side of the printed/painted fabric, and I did a ton of stitching, which you can see in the detail above.

The background printing was through the holes of my new white construction fence, instead of the texture of the fence, like I usually do. The fence is very thick and textured, and it's hard to see the grid of the fence. In other words, it didn't print as well as I had hoped.

You can see the fabric painting in process, on the right side of the fabric, in my August 6th post.

The colors I used were chosen because I wanted to try them before I used them for Orange Construction Fences #71-76, which I started on my recent vacation.

If you want to know more about this series, you can read past posts about my 12 x 12 x 12 series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.