Thursday, August 6, 2009

August 12 x 12 x 12 In Process




I'm working on my August 12 x 12 x 12. Above are images as I added each color to the fabric that I printed for my 12 x 12 x 12, and six new Orange Construction Fences Series pieces, on July 26th.


This fabric was printed with the new white construction fence I recently got, but instead of printing the texture of the fence, it's through the fence. I have to say that the white fence is not good for printing through. Too thick and lumpy.

For this piece, I'm working with the colors of paint that I'm planning on using for Orange Construction Fences Series #71-76. Before I commit myself to the colors, it's helpful to try them out ahead of time.


I was able to take pictures as I painted this fabric, but not the back side, because it was too wet to flip it over. While I like the painted side, I think I'll be using the unpainted side, or mainly the unpainted side, as seen above. I like how it's whiter on the unpainted side, and how the (black) paint soaked through unevenly.

The next step is stitching it before the end of August. I have ideas about how I'm going to stitch it, and what thread colors I may use.

If you want to know more about this series, you can read past posts about it here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.