Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thread Color

I just finished stitching the last of the six pieces I've been working on since October. YEAH!! Refer to the other Thread Color and Thread Color posts in my blog, to learn more about these pieces.



Here are close-ups of sixth piece and it's companion piece, both stitched with white thread. The left side shows the painting on the front side of the fabric, and the right side has the back side of the fabric showing. It's interesting to see the difference the white thread has between both pieces, and how the other two similar sets of work differ when the thread is black or has color.

I'll post full images of the six pieces after I visit my photographer in a few weeks. I'll also post them on my website then.

For easier thread color comparison, here are the details of the six pieces I just finished.



The top row shows the painting on the front of the fabric. The bottom row shows the details of the three pieces that have the back side of the painted fabric showing. The left images have colored thread, the middle have black thread, and the right images have white thread.