Friday, March 16, 2007

Thread Color



I just finished stitching the second of the three pieces that have the front side of the fabric showing. Each one of the three in both sets have (or will have) different thread colors in the stitching. These pieces have black stitching, which is easier to see than the two pieces stitched with colored thread, which I posted a few days ago. The left side shows the painting on the front side of the fabric, and the right side has the back side of the fabric showing. It's interesting to see the different visual effect the black thread has between both pieces.

I'm going to stitch the 6th piece shortly. That one and it's companion piece (painting on the back side of the fabric showing) will be stitched with white thread only. I'll post the next set of pieces after I finish stitching this last one.