Saturday, December 7, 2019

Update: Dates in a Life Walking Project 2019


While I do have the month of December to do before being finished documenting the steps for my Dates in a Life Walking Project, my year-long painting documenting the number of steps I walked each day in 2019, there is also a fair amount of finishing work to do. I would usually paint the black lines and do a few more finishing touches at the end of calendar year but this year I decided to do it now vs.later.

Coming up next for this painting, collage the steps I walk each day this month, change the season-to-season daily background color from Indian Yellow Hue for Autumn to Teal Blue on the first day of Winter on December 22, and trim the bottom row off.

The Dates in a Life Walking Project is created with monoprinted textures of a construction fence as the background, handstamped rubber erasers on fabric which are collaged on the background grid, handpainting, and stitching on stiffened fabric.

At the moment, this painting measures 47.5" x 34". It might be an inch or so shorter in the end.