Friday, September 2, 2022

New Work in Progress: 2022 Dates in a Life Walking Project

New work in progress, through August, documenting my walking and the days I'm at or not at work on my 2022 Dates in a Life Walking Project painting. 

The individual days with the Iridescent Bronze background signify the days I'm at work vs. days I am home or away, all of which have an influence on the number of steps I walk each day. I try to go out for a walk every day at lunch time when it's not too hot, and I also have opportunities to walk after work.  

It was pretty hot in MA, which meant I didn't walk as much as I would preferred to between August 1-18. When it's hot and humid, my energy level goes way down. I walked over 10,000 steps (the red icons) only 5 days due to the heat. 

From August 19-28 I was in Seattle, WA without a car and then Portland OR and the coast of OR with a car. On vacation in Seattle, I walked over 20,000 steps (the yellow icon) the first day, and then over 10,000 steps 4 days. It got pretty hot at the end of our time there and it did slow me down. I walked over 10,000 steps one more time the day we were on the coast of OR and then returned to Seattle to start our trip home.

I hope September will be cooler and I can walk longer distances than in August.