Saturday, October 1, 2022

New Work in Progress: 2022 Dates in a Life Walking Project

New work in progress, through September, documenting my walking and the days I'm at or not at work on my 2022 Dates in a Life Walking Project painting. 

September through November are my favorite months of the year because it goes between being cool and not too cold, and I have more energy to walk longer distances than when it's hot. That said, when the sun goes down earlier. That adds a challenge walking but I do the best I can. Wearing a crossing guard vest at night is nerdy but it helps keep me safe when cars drive by because there are no sidewalks in my neighborhood.

I walked over 10,000 steps (the red icons) on 11 days, and more than 9000 steps (the circles) 5 days.

The individual days with the Iridescent Bronze background signify the days I'm at work vs. days I am home or away, all of which have an influence on the number of steps I walk each day. I try to go out for a walk every day at lunch time and I also have opportunities to walk after work and on weekends.