Wednesday, April 29, 2015

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 April 2015


12 x 12 x 12 April 2015 is the fourth piece in my monthly series that explores using acrylic skins of photos of pond ice

The skin is cut with the shape of a construction fence, and it is collaged on top of a piece of hand stamped drop cloth fabric, focusing on the patterns of the ice instead of fabric printed construction fences like I did for the pieces I created in March, February, and January.


This is my ninth year working on this 12 x 12 x 12 series, that gives me time to create one 12" x 12" x 1" piece on board each monthIt's a wonderful opportunity for me to experiment with an idea or technique or a combination of both. Some of the pieces over the months and years have been really good, and others not so much. The only rules I have are that I have make something in the given month, and I can't throw the work out, even if it's unsuccessful.

I'll be starting the May piece in a few days.