Monday, September 17, 2012

Art Residency Plans

I'm leaving today for a ten-day art residency at the Millay Colony. I have plans to work on three or more series on boards, all based on the last three months of my 12 x 12 x 12 2012 series. I have been very happy with my pieces from July, August and September, and I want to push them further and make them bigger, so I'm prepared to use them as a starting point for my work at my residency.

July will become the Visible Fences series

August will become the Fence Patterns, or maybe just Fenced series

September will become the (Fence) Shirts and (Hot) Flashes series

I'm bringing six boards each in the following sizes, 14" x 18", 18" x 18", 18" x 24", and 20" x 24", though I don't yet know which series I'll do in which size. I'm also bringing 30 6" x 6" boards so I can maybe start working on my CSArt submissions, just in case I have more time and energy than I think I'll have.

In terms of fabric, I'm bringing many 8' lengths of fabric that I monoprinted in my studio this past week, to save some time, and also just in case I don't have a good table to print on. I want to avoid printing fabric on the floor if possible.

And, I'm also bringing lots of paint, brushes, my sewing machine, threads, scissors, and much mush more. Thankfully I have a station wagon.