Monday, July 16, 2012

12 x 12 x 12 July 2012



For my July 2012 12 x 12 x 12, I used the sample fabric I painted in preparation for creating Fence/Curtain 2.0, my temporary public art installation at the Boston Center for the Arts.

The purpose of the sample was to test the colors I was painting over the monoprints of construction fence patterns. Now that Fence/Curtain 2.0 has been installed, I didn't need that piece of fabric anymore.

I had absolutely no plan or idea what to do when I was creating this piece, which was a little scary, but also a relief after working on a Fence/Curtain 2.0, which was totally planned down to the inch.

The end result is probably THE brightest piece I've ever made, and I like it. It's giving me ideas for future projects, which is what my 12 x 12 x 12 series is all about. Playing and experimenting.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series are mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. If you want to know more about it, you can read past posts about it here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.