Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Drop Cloth Board


I'm working on my July 12 x 12 x 12. This month I decided to use a piece of what used to be my living room curtains, which I loved dearly, but had to retire because they were starting to disintegrate.

They were cotton organza. I'll post pictures and explain more about the curtains shortly, but first, here is a piece of cardboard that I use as a drop cloth of sorts. As I worked on my July piece, I painted the monoprint of a construction fence on the organza. Most of the white paint went right through the sheer fabric and on to the cardboard, which had a lot of leftover paint from past work on it already. The cardboard is approximately 12" x 18", and I've been using it for years and years.

See other drop cloth images, but this this one is fabric. I used it to create twelve pieces in my Traces of Past Fences series. They are mixed media on cradled board, and measure 12" x 9" x .75", and were created earlier in 2010.

I'm wondering if I should retire this card board and save it as an addition to my portfolio. If I save it, it would be my first non-fabric related piece in my portfolio. If you have an opinion about this, please share it with me. I'd love to hear from you. My email address is jeanne@jeannewilliamson.com