Sunday, February 21, 2010

Drop Cloth


I am considering my options on what to do with my latest drop cloth. It's approx 35"w x 50"h, and I think looks good on both the front (above) and back (below) sides of the fabric. I've actually been trying to decide what to do with it since August, when I posted about it then. (It does have more paint on it now than it did then, though it may not be that obvious.)


I think I don't want to leave it whole. I think I want to stitch it and cut it up in to smaller pieces and mount all of the pieces on cradled boards. I think they'd look very abstract, and should be interesting, if I do say so myself.

I even have name ideas, which for me us unusual. I'm thinking "Traces of Past Fences," or something like that.

The reason I'm hesitant about what to do it because the last time I had a good drop cloth, I totally ruined it.

I'm very interested in hearing thoughts and comments, so please don't hesitate to email me at jeanne@jeannewilliamson.com, or if you're reading this on facebook, you can also leave me a comment on my wall.