Friday, March 5, 2010

Drop Cloth Paintings


I've created 12 paintings in my new series that I think I'm going to name "Traces of Past Fences." They were created from the drop cloth I used for dozens and dozens of pieces I've painted over a number of years. They measure 9" x 12" x .75" and are mixed media cradled board.


The grids of construction fences aren't obvious, but if you look closely, you can see hints of grids by looking at the different handstamped shapes. These pieces are a big change for me, but I think (hope) they fit in with my portfolio.

While these two photos aren't great, I wanted to share what I just finished. I'm going to get each painting photographed individually next week, and I'll post all of them here on my blog, and on my website, shortly after I get the images back from my photographer.