Friday, June 26, 2009

Working on New Work Cont'd


I finished painting the fabric for Orange Construction Fence Series #69, and the next step is to start stitching. Pictured above is the front/painted side of the fabric, and below the back side.


My plan is to use the back side of the fabric (directly above), and to create an other piece of fabric that uses a version of the front/painted side for #70, but with tweaks. You can see my last post about this fabric in my post on June 21st if you want to follow my progress.

This past Tuesday I visited an art friend for a critique/review of this piece. It's really hard for her to give feedback on fabric that isn't stitched because the thread color and stitching texture really changes the look of the fabric, but overall I got good feedback on the back side of the fabric, and we discussed options when I paint the fabric for #70. I'll get a final critique after stitching, which I can't imagine doing for a few weeks at the very soonest.

I'll start painting the fabric for Orange Construction Fence Series #70 ASAP, and then stitch both pieces. It will be very helpful to see both sides of #69's fabric as I paint #70. I'll then stitch them both around the same time.