Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Work in Progress Cont'd



I painted the bottom on the fabric for Orange Construction Fence Series #68. The pictures above show the back side of the fabric, before I painted the bottom rectangles, and after.



Above is the front (actual painted) side of the fabric, before and after.

You can read more about this fabric on my April 7th post.

I frequently paint on both sides of the fabric, and pick one side to be the "front" side when I'm finishing my piece. I've already decided that the front of Fence #68 will be the actual painted front of the fabric (the darker side). because Fence #67 is going to be the back (the lighter side). I hope I'm not confusing you.

Even though my studio is very tiny, one advantage to having it in my home is that I can grab a minute to work here and there more easily than if I had to go to my studio elsewhere. I didn't think I'd have any time to paint for the next week or so, but the plumber paid us a visit and I got to paint while waiting for him to make a repair.

Orange Construction Fence Series #68 is a companion piece to Orange Construction Fence Series #67, which I discussed on March 15th. I still have some more painting to do on the #68 fabric, but it'll only take a few minutes to complete. WIll find the time to do it shortly, and then share the whole piece of painted fabric, front and back, just like I did for Fence #67.