Friday, February 6, 2009

Danforth Museum of Art Article, Lecture & Opening


Check out "The many tugs of fabric. Fabric art is subject of complementary shows at Danforth Museum," by Denise Taylor on February 5, 2009 in The Boston Globe. It's not only about the "Mixed Media Fiber Art" show that I curated at the Danforth Museum of Art in Framingham, MA, but also about the other wonderful fiber related shows also on exhibit, "Sedrick Huckaby: A Love Supreme," and "Faith Ringgold: Story Quilts." All three shows are on exhibit through March 1, 2009.

I will give a talk, as Guest Curator, at the Danforth Museum, on tomorrow, Saturday February 7th at 4pm, followed by a reception 5-7pm. If you're in the area, I hope you will stop by and say hello.

Read more about the Mixed Media Fiber Art show here on my blog.

Thank you to Denise Taylor for giving permission for posting her photo here on my blog. It's a picture of me, in between the work of Lisa Call (Denver, CO), and Elizabeth Barton (Athens, GA).