Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mixed Media Fiber Art Exhibit


Yesterday I went to the Danforth Museum of Art in Framingham, MA, to see the show I curated, "Mixed Media Fiber Art," now that the show is open. It was soooooooo nice to see the work hanging in the Museum after months of planning. I'm quite pleased.

The pieces above are by (from left to right) Linda Colsh (Belguim), Merill Comeau (Concord, MA), Patricia Mink (Johnson CIty, TN), Angela Moll (Santa Barbara, CA), and me, Jeanne Williamson (Natick, MA).


The work shown in this picture above is by (from left to right) Barbara Watler (Hollywood, FL), Lori Lupe Pelish (Niskayuna, NY), Dominie Nash (Bethesda, MD), Lisa Call (Denver, CO), and Elizabeth Barton (Athens, GA).


And finally (from left to right), the work in this picture is by Barb Wills (Presoctt, AZ), Deidre Adams (Littleton, CO), and Linda Levin (Wayland MA).

You can read about the show, and my thoughts about curating it, on my January 5th post.

The show is on exhibit at the Danforth Museum, through March 1, 2009. I will give a talk, as Guest Curator, on February 7 at 4pm, followed by a reception 5-7pm. If you're in the area, I hope you will stop by.

If you're out of town, check out the show online here.