Wednesday, December 3, 2008

2008 Weekly Mixed Media Project


This is the front side of my 49th Weekly Mixed Media piece this year. Below is the back side. Forty-nine created, three more to go.


Like last week, I decided to use a piece of antique lace, but this week I didn't put a piece of sheer fabric on top of the lace before felting it. The results are much nicer, in my opinion, but the process was more difficult. There were a few times that the lace got stuck in my machine, at the beginning when I was felting it upside down. It didn't get stuck as much as a Valentine I'm working on for the Artist's Valentine project has, but more on that in a few days.

You can see my 2008 weekly mixed media work (so far) on my website, and read about it here on my blog.

* * * * * * * * *

Please visit SmallArtShowcase.com, and TheFineArtDepartment.