Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Inspiration and Printing/Painting on fabric


There's nothing like listening to a five hour Natick Board of Selectmen's meeting on cable TV Monday night, and no humidity, so I could get a really good start on painting Orange Construction Fence #63. My inspiration is described below........


This picture is what I am using for the design on the fabric I printed on a few weeks ago. I will most likely this photo to make two different pieces (versions), Orange Construction Fence #63 and #64. Then I may use another photo in this post for a few more.


I was getting my tires rotated at the Clover Leaf Mall in Natick MA last Fall, when I saw a nearby condo construction project which was very inspiring. I LOVE the colors of the different layers of the exterior at the time I took these pictures. The contrast of the colors if the insulation materials, compared to the brick work, is very interesting.


My interest in this started when I saw a building under construction near the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston, in March 2007. I had one of those "AH HA! moments when I saw it. That picture lead to these two pieces, and I've continued on from there.


It's time to get the tires rotated again, so it'll be interesting to see what the building looks like now, a little more than 6 months later.