Monday, April 28, 2008

Printing/Painting on Fabric

I recently painted loosely on the back side of the fabric for Orange Construction Fence Series #60, as suggested at a critique. Before the critique, my eye had been stuck at the bottom, and I couldn't figure out what it needed. The reason for this addition was to create more space around the "building."

This is what the back side of the fabric looks like. Sometimes I use the back sides as the front of a finished piece. I will not be doing that for this one. The back side does not have enough contrast, and it is not as interesting at the front side.

The picture above is what the fabric looked like before the critique, before I updated it. I'm happy with the updates I did as shown in the very top picture, and I'm going to stitch it as soon as I have time.