Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Inspiration / Printing and Painting on Fabric


I like to paint/print when I listen to the town of Natick (Massachusetts) Board of Selectmen (our town governing board) meetings on local cable TV. I have too much to do so I don't sit and watch the meetings, and if I do any work that needs a lot of concentration I can't follow the meeting. But, if I'm painting or printing or hand sewing (machine sewing is too loud), I can follow along just fine. Since there was a meeting last night night, I was able to work on Orange Construction Fence Series #60, and listen to the meeting.


I hand stamped grey fabric paint with rubber erasers, to create the idea of siding or brickwork on the abstract building I'm creating. The picture above was taken on January 10th, and was my inspiration.