Wednesday, March 12, 2008

12 x 12 x 12 March 2008


This is my March 12 x 12 x 12 piece. It's based on a condo construction project in my town, just like my January 2008 piece is. I think my January work is too dark, though if you see it in person, it has a lot of texture from the paint, which makes it more interesting. My March piece has better contrast, and I like the texture of the stitching.


I did the March 12 x 12 x 12 as a study for Orange Construction Fence #60, which I started last week. Here it is in progress, in its very raw form. I'll post more about it as I get to work on it. #60 is part of a series in a series (using construction fences, but about a condo construction project in my town), as is #59 which I'll post in a few days. My photographer shot #59 last week, and the slides should arrive at home any day now.

If you want to know more about my 12 x 12 x 12 series, you can read about it here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.


I have been invited to participate in a show of small works (12" x 12" or smaller) later this year, so I decided to work on this piece at the same time as my March piece. It's a variation of March, and based on the same idea.