Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Inspiration / Printing and Painting on Fabric - continued

I was able to do some more work on the new piece I talked about on January 27th, that's based on a condo construction project in downtown Natick, MA.


On Monday night, I painted the silver horizontal lines, and hand stamped square and rectangular shapes on the stitched fabric.


In Photoshop, I tried filling in the shapes with a medium grey, to see how that would look.


I wanted to see how the filled in shapes look lightened up, so I experimented with it, again in Photoshop.

I am definitely going to fill the shapes in with grey paint on the actual piece. All black is way too dark and flat. I am not sure if I'll lighten them up afterward, but I wanted to see what it could look like on my computer, before I do such a drastic step. Once paint is applied, there's no going back.

More to come on my progress as soon as I have time to do the painting discussed above.