Wednesday, November 14, 2007

12 x 12 x 12 November


I have finished my November 12 x 12 x 12 piece. It was made with one piece of fabric, that has monoprinted strips of orange construction fences, and layers of paint to enhance or tone down different sections. It also has the die-cut pattern printed on it (sideways), from a left over piece of fabric from my October 12 x 12 x 12 piece. To capture the pattern from the die-cuts, I used black "Tulip Cool Color Spray for Fabric". In the lower right corner, there's a piece of loosely knitted cotton fabric that I purchased a year ago when I was on a trip to Budapest, Hungary.


I always try to go fabric shopping when I visit a different city or country. On my trip, I was fortunate enough to meet Eszter Bornemisza, who lives in Budapest, and she took me to a wonderful fabric store where we spent many many hours. I got this fabric in both white and black, as well as a few other interesting pieces of fabric.

You can see all of my 12 x 12 x 12 pieces to date on my website, or see what I've blogged about them so far, here on my blog.

Next month, I'll create a 12 x 12 x 12 piece for December, completing the series for 2007.