Sunday, September 16, 2007

Printing/Painting on Fabric


It's been since August 21st since I've been able to work on one of two pieces I started in early July, that have small blue "tiles" and other influences mentioned in my July 12th blog entry. Yesterday I had an hour with nothing I HAD to do, so I hand stamped black squares, in place of the temporary felt squares I used to help me figure out a design problem.


The very top photo is of felt squares pinned to the fabric. The photo above is the black squares stamped on the front side of the fabric with fabric paint, and the back side of the same piece of fabric is shown in the photo below. I love the difference between the 2 sides.


Next I have to stamp the squares again on the second piece of fabric in this grouping. More images to come in the near future (I hope).