Saturday, June 2, 2007

12 x 12 x 12 - June in progress

I was very inspired by this image that the NY Times Magazine showed in an architecture discussion a few weeks ago, and I decided to use it as inspiration for my June 12 x 12 x 12 piece.


Notice in the above image, that the architect used different woods between each floor. I love the different "colors" of brown, and I wanted to see what would happen if I tried using paint that way. Here is the front detail of the fabric:


... and here is the back detail:


I wanted to share the full piece of fabric, before stitching and trimming, as seen from the front:


.... and here is the back side of the same piece of fabric.


The picture colors (on my computer at least) are more intense than the actual fabric.

I'm going to have the back side of the painted fabric facing out, and will try to stitch this piece up ASAP, though I do have the whole month of June to do it.