Wednesday, March 7, 2007

12 x 12 x 12

I made a quilt a week for 7 years. Each year I changed the size of the quilts, as a challenge to myself. Depending on the year, the sizes ranged from 8" x 10" to as small as 4" x 6". Last year I decided to take the year off from my project, but this year, I'm making one 12" x 12" quilt a month. The series is called "12 x 12 x 12". I just finished my March quilt.



I photographed the fabric in a few stages, to share my process. I photo below shows the fabric after I printed the texture of a construction fence. The left image is the front of the fabric, and the right is the back of the same fabric.



The picture below shows the fabric after I finished printing and painting it. The left image is the front of the fabric, where all of the paint is. The right is the back of the same fabric. The quilt front is the back of the fabric. If you were to unstitch the quilt, you would see the bright colorful front side of the fabric.



All three pieces are posted at www.jeannewilliamson.com/2007.html. I'll continue to add them each month. I hope you'll check this blog, and my website, throughout the year.