Sunday, January 16, 2022

Finally Hung: Seasonal Fence Print that Crate & Barrel licensed

Over the last few weeks, we have been updating an extra room in our house. Since we moved in in 1988, this room has been used as our son's bedroom, my husband's office, my mother-in-law's bedroom during the Covid lockdown, and now it's our guest room.

When we moved in, I painted over the wall paper because the beaver board walls from 1935 have at least three layers and it was too labor intensive and we didn't have the time to remove them. 

A few weeks ago I cleaned up the walls the best I could, given the circumstances, filled in the holes and cracks, and painted the walls and ceiling the same white.

Then the redecorating and bonding project of hanging of artwork and prints happened. This included the hanging of the licensed print of Seasonal Fence Print that Crate & Barrel sold as a framed giclee print that measures 30"W x 0.75"D x 60"H. Until now, we didn't have wall space to hang it.

In 2013, Crate & Barrel licensed the image of my painting Seasonal Fences - Spring #3, which is one piece I created in a series of 20 and named it Seasonal Fence Print. I bought the print on sale as a remainder when they discontinued selling it quite a few years ago.

As a painting, the actual Seasonal Fences - Spring #3 is mixed media on board, and it measures 22" x 10" x 1".

Stragically below the print is a sliver of wall paper that I did not paint over. It's an archive of the changes the room had with previous owners. Hopefully when we move someday, the new owners will appreciate it.