Sunday, June 2, 2019

Update: Dates in a Life Project 2019


Hello June 2019! Here is an update of my the Dates in a Life Project, a year-long painting project documenting the number of steps I walk each day. 

Spring in Massachusetts has been incredibly rainy this year, and I was been very busy in May, but I was able to walk 10,000 steps 
(the icons in red) 17 days, and 2 days I walked over 9000 steps (the big black circles).


As the weather gets warmer (and hot!) in June through the summer, I'll do my best to get to 10,000 or more steps. I am not a summer weather person, and it will be a challenge. I'll try to walk in the morning before it gets too hot, and in the evening when it cools before sunset, something I can't do in the winter because it's too cold at the beginning and end of the day.

That yellow icon in March was for walking over 20,000 steps. Doing that again will be my stretch goal during the summer.

In this painting, the season daily background color changes season-to-season. It was Teal Blue for Winter, and now Green for Spring. On June 22, the first day of Summer, I'll change to Yellow. Autumn will be Indian Yellow Hue, and when Winter starts again in December, I'll change the color back to Teal Blue.

The reason I have the daily background color is to document my daily steps in fractions of 250 steps. As an example, after 2000 steps (which would be the icon with no paint), I'm painting colors to show as close as I can to 2250, 2500, 2750, and then up to 2999, instead of then rounding up to 3000 steps.

Look for updates about June's progress on this painting in early July.