Thursday, April 4, 2019

Update: Dates in a Life Project 2019


The Dates in a Life Project, a year-long painting project documenting the number of steps I walk each day. 

Spring is here and I've upped my walking game now that it's warmer (but not hot!) weather as evidenced in this section for March in my Dates in a Life Project 2019 painting

We also had a short visit to Seattle where we walked a total of 59,540 steps between Saturday, March 30 through Tuesday, April 2 (April is not shown here), which equals 23.5 miles! The weather was BEAUTIFUL, and while we love Seattle's public transportation, it was really nice to walk around the city as much as we did.

Spring also means I'm using the new season background color. It changed from Teal Blue for Winter to Green for Spring. Summer will be Yellow, and Autumn will be Indian Yellow Hue. When Winter starts again in December, I'll change the color back to Teal Blue.

The background color is documenting my daily steps in fractions of 250 steps. As an example, after 2000 steps (which would be the icon with no paint), I'm painting colors to show as close as I can to 2250, 2500, 2750, and then up to 2999, instead of then rounding up to 3000 steps.

Look for updates about April's progress on this painting in early May.