Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mixed Media Fiber Art Exhibit


"Mixed Media Fiber Art," the show I curated at the Danforth Museum of Art in Framingham, MA is closing today. I REALLY enjoyed curating, and I am quite pleased with the result.

The picture above is a merged blend of two photos of most of the show. The work is by (from left to right) Linda Colsh (Belguim), Merill Comeau (Concord, MA), Patricia Mink (Johnson CIty, TN), Angela Moll (Santa Barbara, CA), Jeanne Williamson (Natick, MA), Barbara Watler (Hollywood, FL), Lori Lupe Pelish (Niskayuna, NY), Dominie Nash (Bethesda, MD), Lisa Call (Denver, CO), and Elizabeth Barton (Athens, GA). Missing from the photo is the work by Barb Wills (Presoctt, AZ), Deidre Adams (Littleton, CO), and Linda Levin (Wayland MA).

You can read about the show, and my thoughts about curating it, on my January 5th post.

Besides curating this show, I also enjoyed giving a talk about it at the Museum a few weeks ago, and also joining the Education Coordinator yesterday, when she/we gave a tour of "Sedrick Huckaby: A Love Supreme," "Faith Ringgold: Story Quilts," and also "Mixed Media Fiber Art."

I look forward to having other curating opportunities in the near future. I am talking to someone about one unconventional venue that I may curate, and I hope to be able to curate other shows in gallery or museum settings.