Thursday, September 17, 2015

Artful Home - New Work


I added some new work to my Artful Home page, three of the 14 piece Tallis and Fence series, and three from the Fences and Nests series. I think it would be nice for my paintings to find new homes, instead of hanging around my house. 

The Tallis and Fence series is created with acrylic "skins" created from photos of my grandfather's tallis, collaged on monoprinted textures of construction fences on fabric that is stitched, and painted, and mounted on 8" x 6" x 1" cradled boardI noticed that Artful Home has a Judaica section, but there were no paintings, so now there are a few of mine.

The Fences and Nests series combines the monoprinted textures of orange construction fences with the nest-like circles of thread scraps, on 16" x 12" x 1.5" cradled board. I really like this series, and I'm grateful that a number of them have been sold over the past few years. Perhaps a few more will find new homes too.

If you're interested in seeing this work and more on Artful Home, take a look!