Sunday, July 5, 2015

New Work: Patterns in Fences #14


I was commissioned by a family member to make a painting for a family friend. The commission included a request to try to use some of the contents of a small bag of yarn and knitted scraps. Patterns in Fences #14 is the result.

My color palette is very different that the color palette of what was in the bag, so I was only able to include a small white-ish knitted piece that I applied to the bottom of the painting. It fits perfectly in the space it's in, which is the top part of a monorinted hole in a construction fence. When attaching the knitting, I soaked it in matt medium so it still has the knitted texture, but is stiff, so it won't flop around or fall apart over time.

Thank you to the commissioner! To the new owner, enjoy, and thank you for being a part of our extended family!

Patterns in Fences #14 is 10.5" x 10" x 1.5" on mixed media on cradled board, created in 2015.