Saturday, February 15, 2014

New Work


Planning ahead for a show in April, I created this yet unnamed piece, which will be on exhibit at the 8x8 ALL-MEMBERS' Group Show, at Fountain Street Fine Art in Framingham, MA from April 3 - 27, 2014.

Each artist was invited to create up to 2 pieces 8" x 8" pieces on wood panel, that will be for sale for $150. The sale price is a bit cheaper than I usually sell my work, but I do want to participate in this show.

I created this piece with a leftover photo I took while on a walk at the Boston Esplanade on December 21st, which was an usually warm winter day. I was interested in the color and perspective of the orange construction fence, in contrast to the color of the tree and the snow of the ground.

Earlier this month, I created 12 x 12 x 12 February 2014, which is a much more complex piece with the same photo.

I hope it finds a nice home once it's on exhibit.