Wednesday, February 19, 2014

New Home, New Work, Three Variations on a Theme


In my planning ahead for 8x8 ALL-MEMBERS' Group Show, at Fountain Street Fine Art in Framingham MA in April, I created Tiled Fence Photos #1 (below). After I posted it on social media a few days ago, someone reached out to the Gallery and has agreed to purchase it.

Because of my not wanting to miss out of participating in the show, and also my having another idea for work using this same photo taken on a walk at the Boston Esplanade in December, I created Tiled Fence Photos #2 (above). This piece combines monoprinted and stitched textures of a construction fence with a tiled photo of Tiled Fence Photos #1. The detail isn’t as sharp, but I like the grid within the grid.


Tiled Fence Photos #2 will now be my submission to the 8x8 show. For the show, each artist was invited to create up to 2 pieces 8" x 8" pieces on wood panel, that will be for sale for $150. The sale price is a bit cheaper than I usually sell my work, but I do want to participate in this show.


Earlier this month, I also created 12 x 12 x 12 February 2014 (above), which measures 12" x 12", and is a much more complex piece with the same photo. Now that I’ve made three different pieces using the same photo, I guess it’s time to move on to other construction fence photos, which I am preparing to do.

Both Tiled Fence Photos #1 and TiledFence Photos #2 are mixed media on 8" x 8" x 1.5" cradled board
. I hope #2 finds a nice home too.