Thursday, November 8, 2012

New Studio


I've moved my studio. I now have a great place to work at ArtSpace-Maynard, at 63 Summer Street in Maynard, MA.

In this space, I have two tables that are 8' x 4', where I can work while standing. They're a perfect height for printing and painting so I don't have to bend over. The two tables can also be rearranged to make a 16' x 4' table, if I have really large work to create.  I could also put together one more 8' x 4' table if needed. It would be tight, but it is doable.

I also have a good area for sewing or doing work while sitting down. I put four small white Ikea tables together in a 2 x 2 group. They can also be ungrouped for added flexibility.

I am pretty much set up, but there is more to do. I have more supplies to bring to Maynard. I also want to build (with help!) a long homasote wall on the right side of my space, so I have a good long wall to hang work up. I'm hoping we can do that in the next month or so. I also want to figure out a good storage system underneath the 8' x 4' tables, to store my construction fences, completed work, and other supplies and equipment.

My studio mate, Merill Comeau, is a Mixed Media Artist who also works with fabric. I'm very grateful to be subletting half of her studio.

In addition to ArtsSpace, I also have a small studio at home, for times I can't get to the big studio. At home I have a 5' square table to work on, which is fine for smaller work.

If you want to come visit me at either studio, please send me an email.