Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Installation Sketches




Now that I have the two main 16' panels just about painted, I made these sketches to see how the main section of Fence/Curtain 2.0 will look on site at the Boston Center for the Arts. These are not real pictures! They're photoshopped to help me as I continue to work on creating this installation.

Above is what it'll look like with the front side of the fabric facing out of the garden, and below is with the back side facing out. I can see the pluses and minuses of either way, but I'm leaning toward the front (darker side). I'll think about which to do, right up until I install it the first week in July.

 

I have more fabric to print and paint this week, but I've made really good progress so far.

Please save the date of Friday July 13th at 6pm, and join me in introducing you to this new installation at the Opening at the Boston Center for the Arts.