Friday, January 27, 2012

12 x 12 x 12 January 2012

I'm considering ideas for using many of the 167 white zippers I purchased a few months ago, along with monoprints of construction fences.

My 12 x 12 x 12 January 2012 is the first piece using one zipper. This piece is very tight, and as I try using them some more, they will be less so.

This month I wanted to use a zippered piece of fabric over another piece of fabric so the bottom fabric can be seen through the top.

I'm considering using some of the left over fabric from January in my February piece as a starting place, but we'll see what happens when I start working on it next month.

This is my sixth year of working on my 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series, which are mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. You can read past posts about the series here on my blog, and see all of the completed work on my website.