Saturday, December 17, 2011

12 x 12 x 12 December 2011

Since I have a lot of "holes" from all of the large pieces I created this year, I've been thinking about how to use them in upcoming work. In October, I used them for my 12 x 12 x 12 monthly piece, and kept to a tight grid format. I decided that I'd use the "holes" again for my December piece. This time I used two different sizes, and though I didn’t really work in a grid, it is vaguely grid-like, and I did sew a grid to keep the holes together as I worked on the piece.

Working on both the October (below) and December (above) pieces gives me many ideas for a series to work on in 2012.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series are mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. If you want to know more about the 12 x 12 x 12 series, you can read past posts about it here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.