Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Work - Fence Detail #21


In preparing to work on five to ten new pieces that are 10" x 22", I created Fence Detail #21 as an experiment for the new techniques I'll be using, which are similar to some techniques that I used for my February 12 x 12 x 12.


For this piece, I applied a layer of moulding paste to a board, and pressed a piece of a construction fence into the moulding paste (on the left side) and allowed it to dry. After it was, I pulled the fence piece off the board. Then I mixed acrylic paint with a medium to slow the drying time down, so I could draw into it while it was wet. When everything was dry, I poured some medium into the depression made by the fence, to fill it up to about the level of the flat moulding paste. I also added a few pieces of monoprinted fabric board, which are on the right side.


Shown above: Fence Detail #21, mixed media on cradled board, 6" x 6" x .75", 2011