Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Work - Walls from Fences Series


Finally completed after starting them last August on my summer vacation, is my new Walls from Fences Series.


The Walls from Fences Series is based on the walls of buildings. They are monoprinted textures of construction fences, and are also handstamped, handpainted, and stitched. All of this is done on fabric that is stiffened, so that the fabric resembles paper. They measure approximately 24" x 48".


If I was still quilting my work, they would have been part of my Orange Construction Fence Series. When I started working on them, and actually up until the end of 2009, I was planning on quilting them, but then I decided that I wasn't going to quilt any of my work anymore. Because of that, I decided to give them a new series name so no one gets confused, including me.