Friday, March 12, 2010

Hanging Walls and Webs


I spent the better part of yesterday with Catherine Carter, hanging our show "Walls and Webs," which is officially on exhibit from March 17 - April 17, 2010, at the Narrows Center for the Arts, in Fall River, Massachusetts.

Because all of the work in this show is new, not yet exhibited work, especially for me, I was really excited to see how everything looks hanging on the wall. I couldn't be more pleased. Not only with my new work, but also with the relationship between Catherine's paintings with abstract lines and my mixed-media work with (mainly) geometric forms.

I've also hung one abstract version of a weathered construction fence slightly away from the wall so there are shadows behind it, and two are strung between two poles nearby. I've been thinking about this doing this for many months, as we planned our show.

Today Catherine and I will make the finishing touches, and I hope to post photos of our show in the next day or so.

Gallery hours are March 17 - April 17, 2010: Wednesday - Saturday, noon-5 pm, and also by appointment. The gallery is also open to the audience during evening performances. The opening reception will be on Sunday, March 28th from 2-4pm, and Catherine and I will also be at the gallery on Friday, April 9th, from noon to 5.

Shown above: Catherine Carter on the left, and me on the right, discussing our plan before we started hanging our show. Photo credit: Kevin R. Seward. Read more, and see more photos, on Catherine's blog.