Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ready to Paint


I'm taking two weeks off from web design and sweater redesigning, and I'm going to dedicate my time to doing only artwork. I have a pile of art magazines, and also a book, I want to read, and I want to socialize with some friends and family when I'm not painting too. I don't know how much I can accomplish (especially the book reading), but I'm going to do my best to stay focused. I've always wanted to go to an art colony, but don't have the resources, so this will be my variation of an art retreat.

The last time I took time off to do this, I was able to paint the fabric for all or most of Orange Construction Fence Series #55, Orange Construction Fence Series #56, Orange Construction Fence Series #57, and Orange Construction Fence Series #58.

The six lengths of fabric I printed last Sunday are ready for painting and hand stamping. I'm picking out the colors I'm going to use, influenced by the colors my friend Adria Arch is using for her sculptural paintings (scroll down on her blog).

I don't know, or think, that I'll be able to get these pieces finished before my solo show, "Off the Fence," at the Hunt Cavanagh Gallery at Providence College, from October 26 - December 4, 2009, but I'm going to try. I have a lot of other new work to exhibit, so it won't be a problem if I don't finish.

My hope is to be able to paint all six of these pieces of fabric (plus my August 12 x 12 x 12 fabric), or as many as possible, during the next two weeks. I'll post my progress.