Sunday, August 16, 2009

Color and etc


I'm home after spending two really nice weeks on Cape Cod. I have to admit that I never touched my pile of art magazines, nor did I read my book. (Sorry Wally Lamb! I promise to read it ASAP!) I did paint a fair amount of fabric, and besides that, I socialized with friends and family, ate good food, got some good rest, saw Julie & Julia, did some looking at nature while walking (though not as much as I should have) on two bike trails, and I did get a little later in the day beach time and avoided that peak sun.

This was only the second or third time, in my adult life, that I have had a two week vacation, and if you can do it, I highly recommend it.

I've got lots of unpacking and laundry to do, email messages and snail mail to sort and go through, and it's time to get back to working on web design, sweater redesigning for Fall, and planning my solo show at the Hunt-Cavanagh Gallery at Providence College, in Providence, Rhode Island, which opens on October 26th. I also have to get my car in the shop because my radiator decided to leak the moment I pulled in to my driveway at home. Bummer!

As quickly as possible, I'll post new pictures of my outdoor installations, which I haven't posted in two weeks. I'll also post pictures of the fabric I painted while I was away. I also must stitch the fabric for my August 12 x 12 x 12, because the month is already half over.

The picture above is of many many pieces of bamboo. Our friends on the Cape have a huge amount of running bamboo growing in their yard, and they let my husband cut enough so we have 90 6'-7' length pieces so we can construct a fence with it at home. (More on the fence at a later date.) I love the color of the fresh bamboo. I'll try to photograph it when it dries and changes color, to show the difference over time.