Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another Fire and My Installation


We had an unexpected nice night last night with coolish temps for June, and no rain. Imagine that. No rain. (For those of you who are not in the northeast US, we have had temperatures in the 60's and 70's which are very cool for June, and rain just about every day this past month. That translates to only having had 25% of the usual amount of sunlight we would expect here. People are grumpy overall by it. Not me. I love to cool temps, and the rain isn't bothering me.)

So last night, after a marvelous anniversary dinner with my husband, we decided to enjoy our back yard, light a fire in our Chiminea, and quietly start working on a sculptural fence using cut bamboo our neighbor gave us from her garden, and pieces of some green construction fence to hold it together. This time my husband is the artist creating, and I'm his helper.

This is a picture of Fence Installation Series #1/16, one of my two outdoor installations, as viewed in the dark near the fire. Using a better camera didn't necessarily get me a better picture than the last time I took a picture of it in the dark. Oh well. I'll keep trying, and maybe some day I'll get a good one.

I post daylight outdoor installations pictures weekly. I will hopefully do that tomorrow, and when the bamboo sculptural fence is done, I'll post a picture of that too since it includes construction fence.