Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sitting by the Fire and my Installation


Last night, after doing a little painting in my studio, I decided to sit in my back yard and light a fire in my Chiminea, which I've had for many years but don't use very often. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for a spring night. Why not enjoy it while we have it?

I lit the fire, and realized that I also had the pleasure of enjoying my own artwork, Fence Installation Series #1/16, while sitting near the fire. Not many fiber artists get to do that. The picture above is really bad, but it documents the scene.

Then the evening got even nicer because some neighbors came over. We sat around the fire and enjoyed it, and each other. Good conversation. Chocolate chip cookies. Drinks. Fresh air. Fire. Art. How cool is that?