Wednesday, June 10, 2009

12 x 12 x 12 June 2009 In Process


I'm working on my 12 x 12 x 12 for June. For inspiration I'm using a photo of a building by In Sook Kim. I like the colored windows next to the grey building.

The picture above is the painted/printed side of the fabric, and the one below is the back side. I'm planning on using the back side.


The fabric is about 17" x 17" right now. My next step is to stitch it, and then cut it down to 12" x 12" in size. I'm not sure how I'll crop it. That decision can wait until I'm finished stitching.

I used a similar photo by the same photographer for my 12 x 12 x 12 May 2009. The "windows" were a lot smaller in this piece.

If you want to know more about this series, you can read past posts about my 12 x 12 x 12 series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.