Sunday, May 31, 2009

Front Yard Installation Installation

This is what "Orange Construction Fence Series #22," which I created in 2003, looked like before I cut it in half vertically a few weeks ago. It was not one of my better pieces. What was I thinking when I made it?

This is the left half of "Orange Construction Fence Series #22" flipped 180 degrees. Already an improvement.

As I was preparing it for installation, I cut random "holes" in the printed fence in places that didn't overlap with the triangles or the sleeves in the back of the piece that allows the polls to hold it in place. Now it's more construction fence-like.

For this installation my husband and I chose to use black plumbers piping instead of galvanized piping like we used on "Fence Installation Series #1/16". I don't know if this stuff will rust or not, but time will tell. This is what the base looks like.

Here's "Fence Installation Series #1/22" installed outside. There is a bar going through a vertical sleeve on the left side, but not the right side. The bar across the top goes through a sleeve, and is fixed. The bottom bar also goes through a sleeve. You can't see it, but the bottom bar is attached so that it can move with the wind. I guess I should have taken more pictures as we put this together. Oh well.