Friday, April 3, 2009

Inspirational Photo


An art/blog friend sent me a link to this photo by Victoria, which she thought would inspire me in my art work. She was very right. I love grids found in buildings, and buildings under construction.

Now that it's April, I need to get started on my monthly 12 x 12 x 12 Series. This photo is one to consider. I love the color, and the solid center art of the building, with the smaller grid on the edges. I can also see using it as a larger Orange Construction Fence Series piece, after I'm finished with what I'm working on now.

But then again, these buildings give me ideas too. Hmmm. There's not enough time in the day to create everything I want to. What to do?

It took a little searching, but I found out how to get in touch with the photographer, and I wrote to her. The photo above is posted with permission by Victoria, who holds the copyright.

Note - I've been informed that this building is called "Eichler Summit", created by Joseph Eichler.